Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Vegetarian Lasagna Cups

I have been on this mission to use wonton wrappers at least once a week I guess! This is something I just thought of... I replaced the normal Lasagna cups with 'meatless' ground meat. SOY!

Wontons are great.. You can put anything in them. Baking them is of course healthier than frying, and it is just as good. I use the Nasoya Wonton Wraps found in the produce section.

Like I have said before, I usually cook just for two or so people. So tonight, I made 12 lasagna cups. That is plenty! I figured each cup to be about 80 calories and about 2.5 fat grams. Not bad. I had 4 cups and that's all I am hungry for.

Here is what you need:


I used 24 wontons (2 for each cupcake)
Any spaghetti sauce (about a cup)
Half a package of meatless ground (found in produce section.)
Some cheese of your choice.
Any other addons (I added a few chopped artichokes)

Spray the cupcake pan with either pam or olive oil spray. i put two wraps in each cup.



Simmer the half package of "ground" meat, 1 cup of sauce, and whatever else you wanna add in. This is when I added a few chopped artichokes. Let simmer.



Next I added a little cheese on bottom of my "cups". Followed by a tablespoon or so of the sauce, adding this on top of the cheese. Then top it off with a little more cheese. I put mozz. on the bottom and Parmesan on the top. So now it should look like this....

Bake on 375 until the edges are golden and cheese is melted. Enjoy!!



1 comment: