Monday, January 28, 2013

Blackened Pork Chops

Omg.. These pork chops are so good and full of flavor!!! The next day, I made the same thing but with chicken. Tonight I am gonna use tilapia!

Gather the following:

4 Boneless porkchops (or two filleted chicken breasts)
4 Tablespoons butter
2 tsp paprika (i use smoked paprika, gives an awesome flavor)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground pepper (i used freshly grounded)
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 onion powder (i did not have any :(..
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano



Melt butter in a small bowl.
Mix spices in another small bowl. 
Bring a cast iron pan to med/hi heat. (Do not put anything on the pan yet.) Heat for about 5 min.


Dip the chops in butter and then dip in the seasonings. Place all the seasoned chops on the hot skillet. Cook until blackened. Turn after a few minutes. They will be black..  I thought I burnt mine but I didn't!!  

Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment